Medical elective in Nepal
Internship Nepal is an internship/elective placement organization based in Kathmandu, Nepal that offers students the opportunities of medical elective placements with some of the most prominent hospitals in Kathmandu.
Students shall be engaged in:
- ward round with the Professor
- Discussion session and conference on patients’ conditions, improvements, treatment, lab test, diagnosis and other activities
- Taking history records of assigned patients
- Examination of PT
- Interaction/counseling/health education
- Discussion and presentation by national and international undergraduate and post graduate students during and after the completion of their internship
- Checking B.P and looking for any vital signs
With 6 working days in a week, the working hours for elective students is designated from 9 AM to 4 PM.
Students will first be encouraged to observe the environment of the workplace in the primary phase, and then will be assigned specific tasks supervised by the mentor.
Available Departments for elective
Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Gynae/Obst, Ophthalmology, ENT, Dermatology, Psychiatry & Mental Health, Clinical Pharmacology, Dental Surgery, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Emergency Medicine & General Practice, Pediatrics, Cardiology, Cardio-Thoracic Vascular Surgery, Pharmacy, Community Medicine & Public Health, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Physiology, Anatomy